Kansas City, Missouri City Council (1999-2007)
- Policy Accomplishments
Click here for a listing of Troy Nash’s policy accomplishments during his eight year tenure on the Kansas City Council.
- Legislative Accomplishments
Click here for a listing of legislation sponsored or co-sponsored by Troy Nash during his eight year tenure on the Kansas City Council.
Service to the State of Missouri
- Missouri Housing Development Commission
- Missouri Tax Credit Review Commission
- Governor’s Inaugural Committee (2013)
- Hawthorn Foundation
- Kansas City Tax Increment Financing Commission
Boards of Directors & Volunteerism
- Executive Cabinet Member, United Way Campaign
- KU Advancement Board
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
- Arvest Bank
- People to People International
- St. Marks Child & Family Development Center
- ULI Advisory Board
- Jazz District Redevelopment Corporation
- Herman Johnson Scholarship Fund
Awards, Honors, Special Recognition
- Serving Others Through The Salvation Army (2016)
- Alumni Award Recipients Class of 2017: Defying the Odds Award
- Diversity MBA Magazine “Top 100 Under 50 Executive & Emerging Leaders” (2016)
- be encouraged Magazine A Christian Living Magazine (2016)
- Smart Companies Radio (2016)
- NewsOne with Roland Martin (2016)
- Think Bigger Business Media (2016)
- Black Enterprise Magazine “8 Tips to Accelerate Your Climb Up the Corporate Ladder” (2016)
- 2015 Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame (2016)
- Troy Nash: Finding his mission, both in Kansas City and across the globe (2016)
- Kansas City Globe “100 Most Influential Kansas Citians” (2015)
- Midwest Real Estate News (2015)
- Ford Motor Company “Unsung Hero” (2015)
- Ingram’s “50 Missourians You Should Know” (2015)
- Kansas City Business Journal “NextGen Leaders” (2014)
- Selected for Who’s Who in Black Kansas City (2013).
- Recipient of the Board of Directors Outstanding Leadership Award by People to People International (2006).
- Designated Ambassador-at-large by People-to-People International (2006).
- Honored by Operation Breakthrough for securing $ 1 million dollars for construction of a new state of the art child care facility (2005).
- Honored by St. Mark’s Child Care Center for securing $1.3 million for the inner city child care facility (2005).
- Honored by 12th Street Heritage Community Development Corporation and Jazz Hill Homes, for securing more than $2.5 million in local assistance for new construction of the St. Mark’s child care and education facility (2004).
- Honored by the Foster Grandparent Program for assistance with the program which honors grandmothers who raise their grandchildren (2003).
- Selected by Ingram’s Magazine “Forty Under 40” (2001).
- Selected to receive E.A. Freeman Living Legends Award for efforts to revitalize inner-city Kansas City (2001).
- Selected by the Clinton administration to serve on the White House Presidential Selection Awards Committee (2000).
- Selected for the Chamber of Commerce International Business “GLOBE” Program (1999-2000).
- Selected to participate in the Labor-Management Institute (1999-2000).
- Appointed by the Governor to the University of Missouri-Board of Curators (1996).
- Kansas City Star: Brothers turns Dream into Determination (1995).